baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.32 - fun with Xvesa - variable background colors

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.32 - fun with Xvesa - variable background colors
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:15:53 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Would Xvesa fit into the ramdisk BL2 for an experiment?

Does your BL2 have 4mb free in /tmp ?
If not, you can probably delete some big files
(eg links) to make room.

> displayed photos in proper colors with xli.

I'm glad somebody is getting some use out of xli.

> Steven, have you any idea why 16-bit color displays
> differently colored backgrounds with icewm in BL2
> and BL3?

Perhaps the default configuration is different?

> Did you choose different colors for icewm in the
> two BLs?

BL1/BL3 use one version of icewm; BL2 uses a different
one. I'm pretty sure I did not change the defaults.

> The oddest part is that two VESA 1.2 cards display
> different colors with the same icewm in BL3 (Trident
> and S3).

I've noticed this in the past. Different video cards
produce slightly different colors (even on the same
monitor).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru