baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 kernel panic with FAT32 d:\baslin

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 kernel panic with FAT32 d:\baslin
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:35:09 +0000

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I used my ethernet cards to transfer BL3
> to a second computer with one hard drive (hda)
> and BL3 again in d:\baslin.

Is D: on a primary or extended partition?
Is it FAT16, FAT32 or what?

> I transferred BL3 to several computers this way
> and on the others it runs.

Same questions: primary/extended? FAT?

> hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 (BL2 on hda3, DOS on others,
> Win98 on hda1 too)

OK looks like primary partition.

> kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs at 07:00

It can't find initfs.gz. Are you sure you transfered it?

> This is a FAT32 DOS partition where D:\baslin resides.

OK, that answers my second question.

> On my own computers I use FAT16 for DOS. Would it be
> causing the FAT bread problem when booting BL3?

Could be. I have always assumed BL3 boots OK from
Windows 98, but I have no Windows machines to test
it on.