baslinux - Re: [BL] Rescue Disk needed

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Rescue Disk needed
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jan 1990 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > What I meant is that you do not need to have a
> > DOS partition that way.
>
> If you wanted to avoid having a DOS partition,
> I would recommend lilo. That's what the floppy
> version of BL3 installs by default.

I was thinking of booting from DOS boot disk with zimage as a way for
Denton to get at his BL1 installation since he did not set up with a DOS
partition or lilo. Will he be able to boot this way in 4MB RAM? Or maybe
it would be easier if he just booted in DOS, deleted his linux partitions
with DOS fdisk from the boot floppy, and started over again with 1MB DOS
partition, 8MB swap and the rest linux BL3. I forget why he chose BL1.