baslinux - [BL] Rescue Disk not needed anymore but what about partitions

  • From: "Denton He" <dentonio69 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Rescue Disk not needed anymore but what about partitions
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:36:40 +1000

Thanks guys for all your help, I managed to clean my computer of everything and am going to start over again.

The problem I had last time was that I only had one DOS partition on my computer and I accidently used:

fdisk /dev/hda

which I think deleted all the files needed for installation from C:\baslin.

So now I want to know if I was to do fdisk with DOS again, how should I do the partitions if I want:

- 5MB DOS partition
- 25MB Linux Partition
- 10MB Linux Swap (+4MB Physical RAM)

So if I was in fdisk with DOS should I make:

1 Primary Partition and what else?

and then in BL, what should I do with fdisk again?

fdisk /dev/hdb? or something else

Thanks a lot guys

Denton

PS.

Sindi Keesan wrote:
"You are certainly pushing linux to the limits. Why do you want to use
this particular computer for programming?"

Well I'm trying to learn a bit of C programming at the moment and I have a spare 386 computer with 4MB RAM, I can't really do anything else with it so I thought I'll give Linux a go and hopefully in the process learn a bit more about it.

Looking to buy a new house? Try http://property.ninemsn.com.au/