baslinux - Re: [BL] Rescue Disk needed

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Rescue Disk needed
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:19:28 -0000

Denton He wrote:

> i've decided to go with BL1 but i forgot to make a
> DOS partition, and BL1 didn't install properly

Did you read the instructions for installing BL1 with
4mb RAM?

> so I'm looking for a floppy disk rescue disk with
> fdisk capability which will run on 4MB RAM.

I doubt that you will find one. Rescue disks normally
boot into a 4mb (or larger) ramdisk. On top of that,
you need RAM for kernel and workspace (approximately 3mb).

> I've tried a no. of the rescue disk already such as
> tomsrtbt, it froze at uncompressing linux for some
> reason

It overflowed your RAM.

> so if anyone can give me a name which they know has
> worked for them, that would be great

The only rescue disk that might work is one that runs
in a 1mb ramdisk. Or one that runs on a DOS partition.
Or one that runs on a live floppy.