baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:50:50 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

>I couldn't get my two BL21 computers to communicate via mc,
> but that's probably because I haven't set nfs up properly. :)

You will probably find it easier to use mcserv (as long as you
run it on BL2, or on another Linux that has login).

Just execute mcserv. If you get an error message about portmap,
execute rpc.portmap and then mcserv. If rpc.portmap is not on
your system, install it (in Slackware, it's in the tcpip1.tgz
package).