baslinux - Re: [BL] test: is the list down??

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] test: is the list down??
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:30:39 -0400

On 22 May 2004 at 9:49, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> > how to do BL3 computer to BL2 computer with nfs
>
> First run the NFS server on BL2 (let me know if you want
> instructions for this).

You helped me with this last fall, and it works fine.

> Make sure the address of the BL3 computer has permission (in /etc/exports)
> to access the server.

Yep, that's OK.

> The default BL3 kernel (zimage) does not have NFS capability.
> Replace it with the bare.i bzimage from Slackware 7.1.

Oh, OK - not sure I did that yet, but will do so. I got bzimage months
ago and have been using it with BL2.1 (which I have not really used much
from about Jan through April, so am rusty)

> If you are booting BL3 from DOS, you will need to edit boot.bat to change
> zimage to bzimage.

Sure.

> If you are booting BL3 with lilo, you will need to edit /etc/lilo.conf and
> execute lilo -v.

Thanks, Steven - it's been a longish time. I put lilo on the other
computer, FIC, and it can boot BL2.1. Or I can boot BL2.1 on FIC from DOS
with loadlin.

> Once you can ping between the systems,

Oh, I can ping OK, even with the BL3 here on ASUS using just the regular
zimage.

> do the following on the BL3 system:
> -------------------
> mount clark:/ /mnt
> -------------------
> This assumes that the system running the NFS server is clark.

Yep, that's like you told me before

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assuming you are on 192.168.1.2 and the server is running
on 192.168.1.1
-------------------------
mount 192.168.1.1:/ /mnt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't work, but hopefully will with bzimage.

> > or mcserv
>
> I have never been an mc user, so I am not familiar with how mc
> normally works. However, going by the manpage, it appears that
> you run mcserv on a remote system and it opens up the remote
> filesystem to mc (running locally).

Yeh, I tried it, but no success. Will maybe try again after booting BL3
with bzimage. And will report back - maybe someone will know.

Many thanks,

Sheldon Isaac