baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:53:48 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> > What is the precise error message you are getting?
>
> Incorrect password (or Password incorrect).

Hmmm.

> > What are you typing in to activate the connection?
> > root@lois ??
>
> That too. Also root@clark

That should work (if clark is the system running mcserv).

That won't work (although ron@clark might).

That won't work (although user@clark might).

> also root/ron/user AT 192.168.1.1/2

Nope, that definitely won't work. Although it occurs to me just
now that you might be using the / to show alternatives. I was
assuming you typed in the whole line as shown (including /).
Sorry, if I misunderstood.

Entering the just the server name (clark) worked for me too.
It then asked for the username.

> with "mcserv -d" running

I ran mcserv without the -d

> on either/both machines.

Just on one machine. mc on machine you are using, mcserv on the
other machine.

I'm sorry to hear you continue to have problems. I know very
little about mc and only played with this briefly, but it did
connect. I assume you are running rpc.portmap on the mcserv
machine? I assume you installed the full mc package on both
machines? Both machines running BL2, are they?