baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 computer to BL2 computer by ftp
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:55:07 +1000

Hi Steven,

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:35:48 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > I have tried many times, over the last 48 hours, to get
> > mcserv to connect clark and lois. And failed at the login.
>
> What is the precise error message you are getting?

Incorrect password (or Password incorrect).

> What are you typing in to activate the connection?
> root@lois ??

That too. Also root@clark, ron@clark/lois, also user@clark/lois, also
root/ron/user AT 192.168.1.1/2
and any other combination from either machine, with "mcserv -d" running on
either/both machines.

> > All passwords have been found incorrect,
>
> Do the passwords work for an ordinary login (done at the keyboard
> of the system running mcserv)?

Yes, no problem there.

> > OTOH, pure-ftpd used the user logins that I have already set
> > up on both computers, without anything else needing fixing.
>
> AFAIK, mcserv uses the same user/passwords. For example, on the
> BL1 system I was using for the test, there was no password for
> the root user (you just press ENTER to login). I connected with
> mcserv by entering: root AT 192.168.1.1
> and when it asked for the password, I pressed ENTER.
> Worked fine for me (running mc from BL3).

I don't have a BL1 system connected by NIC, but I will make the attempt
from BL3 and see.

Regards,
Ron

--