baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:42:07 -0400 (EDT)

I know you can transfer single files (such as the one I created by making
all my linux files into temp.tgz) or entire directories (including
subdirectories?) with Steven's send/receive setup, but is there something
available for linux like laplink pro for checking off what you want to
transfer and doing one large transfer, rather than typing out all the file
or directory names and waiting for each to transfer (which at 10Mb/sec is
admittedly not a long wait now)?

I think James mentioned something about using MC for that, but I would
need to remodel the ramdisk bl2 to include it. (I just discovered you
cannot installpkg to the ramdisk version but I could probably copy the
executable file over from hard drive).

Was there also a way to use links for file transfer? Please point me to
the relevant postings.

We would like to use BL2 to transfer selected DOS directories or files in
them. I have not yet tackled DOS ethernet despite many helpful
suggestions from David Lane.