baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 boot problem

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 boot problem
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:08:56 -0400

Sindi,

Most BIOS will reserve IRQ 2 to take care of the IDE controller.A great deal
of older BIOS may also reserve IRQ 10,11, and 12,but this is usually only
temporary until you assign something to them.If you want an idea of what
your IRQ status is on that board,boot from a DOS floppy and run MSD
(Microsoft Diagnostics).It is a nifty program that I can zip and send
you.It's about 160kb zipped.Microsoft started including it around DOS
5.0.All my start-up floppies are DOS 6.22 but that is irrelvant as it will
run on Win95 in DOS mode.It'll tell you pretty much everything your
running.Just let me know.

David Lane