baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 HArdware?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 HArdware?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:50:36 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Robert Steinmetz wrote:

> 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> >Robert Steinmetz wrote:
> >>What is the minimum hardware configuration and
> >>target hardware configuration for BL3?
> >>

> >For CLI: 386 with 3mb RAM
> >For Xterminal: 386 with 4mb RAM
> >For stand-alone X: 386 with 8mb RAM
> >
> >Naturally performance will be better on a 486
> >(particularly stand-alone X), but it will work
> >on a 386.
>
> What about support for notebooks, PCMCIA and Wireless?

I've just been asking about that, since I've got an old notebook that
needs resurrecting. Steven is talking about adding some PCMCIA bits to
BL3, along with a few common NIC modules, and creating a script to give
some PCMCIA networking functionality. Sounds great. I don't know how
much I can contribute - I can offer to do at least some testing with my
notebook, but time constraints will prevent me from doing much and will
make my contributions intermittent. Wireless would be nice, and I do have
a card I can experiment with, but I don't know if Steven considers it any
kind of priority.

James