baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 HArdware?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 HArdware?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:34:51 -0500 (EST)

> links, links-ssl and lynx. That's what I call overkill.

I like console browsers and they all lack some features.

> > Maybe a console calculator or spreadsheet?
>
> The spreadsheet package from BL1 will probably work. Wonder
> if it needs ncurses?

ldd sc - libm libtermcap libc all of which we have in BL3.

> > Of course you can't compile too well in 10M - how much more
> > space would that require?
>
> The GCC packages (with libc5) need around 15mb.

Why does SW71 need 120M to compile? Are some of the files used only to
compile for X and if so which ones?

So a 30MB fs.img would let you add 10M programs plus what you need to
compile and maybe 40M would give you some space for source code too.