baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:14:44 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> But there was one point where it asked me 'Are you sure?'.
> I tried hitting the Enter key, and eventually tried Y or N.

Y is what it is looking for. So from e3pi, it's CTRL-X,
followed by Y twice (first for e3pi and then for readmail).

> There was no obvious way to change my mind about composing a mail.

ESC-ESC exits from any of the readmail sections. To exit
from less (used for reading messages) press q

> If this is your script,

Nope. It's part of readmail.

> Pppsetup in BL3 always takes us to the configuration program.

That is supposed to happen.

> For those users who have not put 'insmod slhc' and 'insmod ppp'
> into rc,

BL3 is non-volatile, so users really should be customizing
/etc/rc. And not just for ppp.

> you could eliminate the wallpaper and have that as an
> add-on instead.

The wallpaper files take relatively little space. If I was
going to rip something out to save space, it would be the
network modules.

> I would appreciate a symlink to let me type pico and use e3pi
> (which is harder to type since it has a number in it).

Type: edit
The edit symlink has existed since BL1.

> new user might not know how.

Any new user coming from DOS will naturally type: edit