baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:23:11 -0500 (EST)

I edited out -w (from the file that specified using it with e3pi) and the
mail program is working fine now. I was able to send myself a mail with
it. But there was one point where it asked me 'Are you sure?'. I tried
hitting the Enter key, and eventually tried Y or N. There was no obvious
way to change my mind about composing a mail. I was not trying to send
mail, just look at the program and get back out of it.

If this is your script, I would appreciate it being changed to 'send mail
to outbox Yes/No/Cancel', with cancel taking us out of the compose screen
back to the mail menu, N sending us back to it, and Y sending the mail to
outbox. I used Ctrl-C to cancel and leave the mail script.

BL3 with links-ssl also worked fine on webmail eventually without any
hangups. The other end was very slow at the times that it hung up
(perhaps the ISP was having temporary problems).

Pppsetup in BL3 always takes us to the configuration program. For those
users who have not put 'insmod slhc' and 'insmod ppp' into rc, especially
repeat users who expect a menu, it would be helpful if pppsetup could
offer a menu such as:

1. Load modules needed for internet and exit.
2. Load modules and edit internet settings.

and then give ppp-on etc. instructions on exit.

If these added scripts take up too much space, you could eliminate the
wallpaper and have that as an add-on instead.

I would appreciate a symlink to let me type pico and use e3pi (which is
harder to type since it has a number in it). I know I can make one but
new user might not know how. Thanks for including e3pi.