baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - microcom

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - microcom
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:39:48 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > atdt7615041 should work (without the send)
> Will leaving out the 'send' fix my password problem?

I don't know. There aren't any BBS's or other shell
logins around me, so I can't check it myself.

> It works with pcplus or kermit and no script.

Ok, it would appear that the problem is in microcom.
Do try dialing without the send. It could be that
microcom goes into some sort of script mode when you
use it.

> Within 1 sec of asking for the password it tells me wrong password.

Sounds like your BBS is getting something (the 1st character?).
Just a thought: does your password perhaps have a non-alphanumeric
character in it?

> Someone more familiar with linux/unix stopped by to see BL3,
> and could not get microcom working either.

Perhaps it might help to set a timeout or to use a different
parameter in the setup (like a slower speed).