baslinux - [BL] BL3 busybox

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 busybox
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:19:03 -0500 (EST)

Wget from BL3 busybox will not accept *, whereas the regular version will.
This is why I was unable to download all the files in a subdirectory of my
web directory using wget, with Bl3, when James asked me to put things in a
bl3 directory for downloading all at once. Putting them in a directory
would mean that BL3 users of wget would just have to type a longer URL
including that subdirectory. I could not make the file names shorter and
still identify them properly as to version of the program and which SW
they worked with.

Busybox wget also can't be used to download from ftp sites where you need
to log in, whereas the regular one can do so.

The BL1 ftp program might be worth the space it takes up, or maybe there
is a smaller one around that does not need ncurses. I was able to compile
kermit with a switch so as not to use ncurses (which was only used to make
a fancier display).