baslinux - Re: [BL] links-ssl

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links-ssl
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:27:57 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I just noticed that there is also no cursor in rxvt
> when NOT telnetted.

Focus follows the mouse. When you move the mouse to a
different window (or click the menu) the cursor in the
rxvt window deactivates. The cursor should return when
the mouse re-enters the window (or when you press ALT-TAB).

> I need to click on the square before running programs in
> rxvt in order to enlarge what I am reading/typing to full
> screen, otherwise I get the same size black window on a
> large white screen.

That's normal. Applications that run in an xterm take
their geometry from the current xterm geometry. Resizing
the window does not change the application's geometry.

> > you can resize a window when needed by right-clicking
> > on the X (in the top right corner of the window).
>
> What else do I need to do after right-clicking?

Click/hold with the right button (not click/release).

> I thnk I needed to choose somethng that also did bold

None of the fonts in BL3 provide both regular and bold
typefaces.

> I might need to add a font - could I just copy them
> from BL2

Yes, they go in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc. Make sure
you update fonts.dir (in the same directory).

> or are they library specific?

No.

> Does anyone else get a cursor in rxvt?

I'm running BL3 right now (on another computer) and rxvt has
a little black square for the cursor. When I move the mouse
to a different window, the square goes white in the middle.