baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 browsers

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 browsers
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:42:48 -0400 (EDT)

Opera I think loads the screen several times as fast with xmono as with
vga16 X server. 1 sec when I toggle between full-screen and button-menu
screen at a rather busy page (MSN hotmail). It draws closer to instantly
now, rather than slowly progressing down the screen.

In xmono mode the banner ad disappeared but the toolbar buttons still take
up half the screen in 640 resolution. Maybe whoever put on the banner ads
figures that you won't be able to read them anyway in mono mode.

The SVGA X server would probably work faster than vga16 and have the
advantage over xmono of showing photos properly.

When I load a page at the bottom it says photos 0:0 which I think means
they are not being downloaded.