baslinux - Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:11:28 +0000

James Miller (office) wrote:

> There are alot of other .tgz packages there that may be of
> interest to BL2 users

Indeed, there are a number of interesting packages there.

> if, indeed, they are compatible.

The packages are designed for the RootLinux distribution
(which uses a 2.4 kernel, devfs and has been optimized
for Pentium or better). Some of the packages could work
with our 2.2 kernel and no devfs; however, I'm not too
sure about the Pentium thing.

> Here's the loooooong URL:
> http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/linux/distributions/rootlinux/
> rootlinux-1.3/i586/files/rl/pkgs/opt/

If any of you try some of the packages on BL2, please report
back on whether they work.