baslinux - Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:56:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 May 2003 jamtat AT mailsnare.net wrote:

> This is an inquiry to find out what is available to allow one to view jpg
> files under BL2. I'm thinking primarily of, for example, photos one might
> receive as attachments by email. Since I'm using Pine, which does not
> require X, as an email client, I would be interested mainly in knowing
> what console app(s) might work for viewing jpg's. I know Sindi has
> mentioned using seejpg, but, apparently, with mixed results (some jpg's
> would not display for her, as I recall). I'm also not clear on whether
> seejpg is an X application. She has recently been asking/badgering for
> zgv to be compiled for BL2: is that because zgv would work for viewing
> jpg's? In general, could someone interject with the names of
> applications, both X and console, that might allow one to view jpg's under
> BL2?
>
> Thanks, James

Seejpeg is not X. I have it working with text-only links and lynx. It
would not view a jpeg that had been edited (Adobe photoshop?) and a few
others encountered online. I have one outdated DOS viewer which also won't
view certain jpegs.

Seejpeg views jpegs and gifs. I think zgv also views other formats such
as png.

Has anyone tried ImageMagick?