baslinux - [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2

  • From: "James Miller (office)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] jpeg viewers for BL2
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:45:09 -0500 (CDT)

This is an inquiry to find out what is available to allow one to view jpg
files under BL2. I'm thinking primarily of, for example, photos one might
receive as attachments by email. Since I'm using Pine, which does not
require X, as an email client, I would be interested mainly in knowing
what console app(s) might work for viewing jpg's. I know Sindi has
mentioned using seejpg, but, apparently, with mixed results (some jpg's
would not display for her, as I recall). I'm also not clear on whether
seejpg is an X application. She has recently been asking/badgering for
zgv to be compiled for BL2: is that because zgv would work for viewing
jpg's? In general, could someone interject with the names of
applications, both X and console, that might allow one to view jpg's under
BL2?

Thanks, James