baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 word processors

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 word processors
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:08:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > the lag problem recurs if I access the toolbar
>
> I confirm this problem. It is *very* annoying.
> flwriter is painful to use when it is in "lag" mode.
>
> > If I then use the mouse (not the keyboard) to access the
> > menu again,
>
> Which menu?

At the top = file edit tool help.
Typing Alt-F will also access File but won't turn off lag.

> > the program again switches back from 'lag' to 'fast' mode.
>
> I find it difficult to get back to fast mode. Sometimes
> pressing ENTER gets me back to fast mode. Changing the
> type size usually works.

Left click on File or Edit or Tool or Help always turns off lag for me.
(Except for the lag when using arrow or Delete/Backspace keys).

> > In 'fast' mode (no lag) every time I type a character all
> > the others blink (reload?).
>
> Same here. All the characters (on the line I'm typing)
> blink as I type new characters (fast mode). Characters
> on other lines do not blink. When typing in lag mode,
> no characters blink.
>
> > This program is not usable on my system.
>
> I agree. The lag problem ruins it.

Do you mind sending a bug report confirming these problems?
Or I can let the author know both of us had the same problems.

Did you try typing in Bold?

> > I may try Maxwell
>
> If it's the pre-2000 version, don't bother. I've spent
> a lot of time with the old Maxwell and it's not worth it.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of problems did it give you?
Where is the new Maxwell?

> > Or perhaps LedIt will work on this computer tho it
> > crashed on a computer with Redhat.
>
> Have you tried Ted?
> http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted/

What I downloaded did not work - 'not a gzip file'. I will try again next
Sunday morning. I would prefer something with a lot less features.