baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 word processors

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 word processors
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 06:32:51 -0400 (EDT)

More problems with flwriter.

The basic problem (of crashing) does not occur after I use the mouse once
to access the menu, but the lag problem recurs if I access the toolbar
(with either the mouse or Ctrl-left arrow). If I then use the mouse (not
the keyboard) to access the menu again, the program again switches back
from 'lag' to 'fast' mode.

In 'fast' mode (no lag) every time I type a character all the others blink
(reload?). If I use the left arrow and delete (instead of backspace,
which does not work), it takes a couple of seconds to respond to either of
these keys (lag for non-character keys). I was able to underline and
reverse type, but bold does not seem to work (I type and get nothing out).

In 'lag' mode the blinking problem disappears but the left arrow and
delete also still lag and bold does not work.

This program is not usable on my system.

Steven, can you confirm these phenomena before I add to my bug report?
I do have a rather strange system where penguins disappear.

I may try Maxwell since I have already installed most of the dependencies
for it (elflibs). Or perhaps LedIt will work on this computer tho it
crashed on a computer with Redhat.