baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 word processors

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 word processors
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:06:21 +0000

sindi keesan wrote:

> I put flwriter.gz into /bin before I unzipped it - is this correct?

Any directory will do. It's probably more convenient to
use a directory in the path (like /bin), but you can suit
yourself. Usually, I gunzip a binary into /tmp and try it
out. If I decide to keep it, I move it to /usr/local/bin

> ldd revealed that I am missing libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

A very common library, used by many Slackware packages
(eg. groff). Most users will probably install it sooner
or later.

> I found five similarly named files in slackware 7.1
> /a3/cxxlibs.tgz. Do I install this package

Yes, that's the one.

> I cannot find MANIFEST.gz again.

It's in the /slakware directory.

> > Those of you wishing to try flwriter will find it here:
> > http://basiclinux.com.ru/download/flwriter.gz

> I also found the static Links2.1.9 binary in this download
> directory.

Over the next few weeks, I'll probably be storing several
more add-ons there. A kind BasicLinux user in Australia
recently made that space available.