b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:05:03 -0700

Pere:

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I know none in the qatal hiphil.
> But I know a pair which are similar, in the Qal:
>
> --MT.Y (Gn 19:19)

“lest that which is displeasing, even my death, sticks to me.” This example
looks like a noun to me.

MWT with a suffix is at times spelled as MT + suffix, e.g. Deuteronomy 34:7,
2 Kings 15:5.

> --$T.Y (Ex 23:31)

Do you have more examples, as one isolated example does not show a pattern,
as this example in its context can also be read as a noun. To show a
pattern, it would be better to have at least a few examples where there is
no question that they must be read as verbs.