b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew Forum <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:53:20 -0400

Notice that in all these examples, to wit: qamtem, sartem, v'nastem, (all, by the way, with a "delayed" dagesh in the T), the performer of the act is also the receiver of the act. In HAMITEM of Nm. 17:6 the perpetrators of the act MWT are MO$EH and AHARON, while its "beneficiaries" are the people of Israel.

Isaac Fried, Boston University