b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:51:32 +0200

Then... by "...which conjugate in qatal hiphil without the medial yod ..."
you don't intend to refer to those verbs that have a real, an existing
conjugation in both the qatal and the hiphil conjugations?

When you write "qatal hiphil" are you simply speaking of the "past hiphil"
(as I call it)?

To me, Karl, "qatal" rather refers to a conjugation type, the one, so to
say, which is the basic one: "amarty", I said; "amarta", you (male) said;
"amar", he said, "amarnu", we said....

Pere Porta

--
Pere Porta