b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:11:44 +0200

Isaac,

I remark in you some rebellion or disdain or contempt of the "official"
spellings.

You should deepen more into these "official" spellings, namely those of the
Academy of the Hebrew Language (and not those of Wikipedia).

In the hasar haniqud, )M) takes a yud -)YM)-, yes.

But (MH (Rt 1:7), )TH (Rt 1:18); LBH (1Sm 1:13) and many others take NO yud.

We all -me, Pere, included- need a cure of humility, Isaac.

Concerning you proposal of keeping the dagesh even in the usual unpointed
Israeli script, have you followed these last times the debate on the Reform
of the Hebrew writing, which debate was born just inside the Academy and was
started by M. Mishor ( himself a member of the Academy)?

Heartly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)