b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 05:54:54 +0200

Karl,

in the last part of your post you write:

"Do you know of any other examples of a verb listed in dictionaries with a
consonant, waw, tau, which conjugate in qatal hiphil without the medial yod
and without a second tau where normal conjugation calls for one? Absent
being able to show a pattern from ......"

Please what does "qatal hiphil" mean?
Maybe by "qatal" you mean what I call "past"?

Regards from

Pere Porta

--
Pere Porta