b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Someone knows?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:21:47 +0200

1. Can you, Isaac, provide the exact place of the rule of the Academy
stating that "herayon" (Rt 4:13) has to be written "HYRAYON" (namely with
included yod) in the hasar haniqud?

2. Remark that the proposal of a reform of the Hebrew script came from a
member of a quite "orthodox" institution, the Academy of the Hebrew
Language.

Regards,

Pere Porta

--