b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Vowel Subsitution

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Hedrick Gary <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Vowel Subsitution
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:30:06 -0600

Jason, Oun, Others,

Just FYI, Bib Sac published an article back in the 1950s that dealt in some
detail with the connection between Jeremiah 23:6 and 33:16 and the subtle
changes Jeremiah made in the Hebrew text when alluding to the city
(Jerusalem) rather than to the person (Messiah). Anyone interested who
doesn't have access to Bib Sac is welcome to write to me privately for a PDF
(garyhedrick AT me.com):

"The Messianic Hope of Jeremiah" by George Cramer in Bibliotheca Sacra (Vol.
115, July 1958, No. 459), pp. 243-44.

Regards to all during this holiday season!

Gary Hedrick
CJF Ministries
San Antonio, Texas USA