b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Vowel Subsitution

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Vowel Subsitution
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 09:03:54 -0600

Personally, I do not take this as a reference to a name of Messiah.
Jer 33:6 is nearly identical to 23:6. There the word LW (לו) is
replaced with LH (לה). If the one is a reference to Messiah, why not
the other?
Rather, Jer 23:6 is masculine, referring to Israel -- in the same way
that in 33:6 it is feminine, referring to Jerusalem. The two verses
are saying the same thing, and neither is talking about Messiah's
name.

Best regards,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel