b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: l_barre AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:30:08 -0800

Lloyd:

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM, LM Barre <l_barre AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> We do not live in a magic universe with supernatural evens occurring as in
> biblical times. Or as Bultmann said of NT cosmology, we do not live in a
> three story universe. We need to demythologize.
>

> Lloyd Barré

What a perfect example of logical gobbelly-gook!

The question is not what is happening today, but did these events happen in
the past? This is a historical question. What evidence is there for and
against?

Demythologize what? Isn't that just a fancy term for imposing your religious
faith onto another's statement without giving it an honest evaluation?