b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:40:35 -0800

Lloyd:

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM, LM Barre <l_barre AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can't you tell the stylistic difference between Genesis 1 (P) and Genesis
> 2-3 (J)? The names of the deity are different for one.
>
> Lloyd Barré

And didn't you notice the literary marker that indicates different
authorships in Genesis 2:4, 5:1 and other verses in Genesis? A literary
marker that went out of use before Moses lived, yet indicating that when
Moses compiled Genesis into one book, he did so by incorporating earlier,
written documents? And why haven't you noticed that I said this before?