b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Halhul, Jezreel and Timnah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Halhul, Jezreel and Timnah
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 14:32:35 +1100

Isaac,

The "everyone else" argument has never been my sole, nor main, argument. I've only ever raised it because it is possibly suggestive that you may be wrong. My arguments against you position before have been detailed and you have consistently failed to address the problems with your methodology. My own view is that you fail to address them so that you can continue to maintain your original view without modification. I have demonstrated a number of times the problems with your pronominal theory, yet again have just written to Lloyd touting them as given fact!

The study of phonemics is linguistic science. I note that your claim that it is pseudo-science is given without any defence, as if that were fact too. As if one who has not studied linguistics, and who has misunderstood linguistics and so formed untenable theories about the Hebrew language, were in a position to make such a judgement call! Without evidence your claim is baseless.

Sure, I'm not listening to you and I should really be doing something more useful than replying to you again. I'm not listening to you because until you drop your fanciful theories which exist only because of fundamental blunders made in understanding and applying linguistics, you have pretty much nothing accurate to say regarding semantic analysis of BH because everything is forced through the barrel of your baseless theory. Please assign your theory to the trash and study Linguistics 101 at your university.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

David,

An argument based on "everyone else" or "anyone else" or "no one
else" is sheer demagoguery.
I pointed out to you before that "phonemics" is a pseudo-science and
that you should not waste your time on it, but apparently you are not
listening to me.

Isaac Fried