b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 20:45:08 -0500

On 6 Feb 2009 at 15:51, LM Barre wrote:

> I have no theology.  I am an objective scholar with no attachment to any
> institution.

Forgive my bluntness, but this is one of the most arrogant statements I have
ever read on
this board. EVERYBODY has a theology, even if it's evident to everyone but
themselves.
And there's no such thing as an "objective scholar" because everybody brings
baggage to
the subject. I'm not attached to any institution either, does that
automatically make me "an
objective scholar"? I can't help wondering why the moderators are letting
this stuff go on.

Dave Washburn