b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: "b-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Many scholars accept the documentary sources
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:10:07 +1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)

I suspect that depends on how you define "conservative". I think you will
find that there are many who would define themselves as conservative in
religious terms who would either accept the idea of documentary sources
[even if not in the classical EDJP form] or have an open mind on the subject
Among Christians iIt seems to be mainly among conservative evangelicals who
hold to the concept of an inerrant Bible that any form of documentary
sources are unacceptable. They do not make up the totality, or even the
majority, of conservative Christians and Jews who would consider themselves
to be biblical scholars.

Kevin Riley