b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:38:39 -0500

I think the notion that thought bears no direct relationship to language is
inaccurate. Hebrew thoughtforms are directly linked to its language units.
This is not always the case with greek because of its propensity for
abstractions. However, in Hebrew, thoughtforms/language is tied to instances
or things existing in reality (e.g., the idea of stiffneckedness like an ox).

Thanks for your reply,
David