b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 16:30 - Verb with no use, MY PROBLEM!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 16:30 - Verb with no use, MY PROBLEM!
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:10:56 -0700

Kelton:

On 10/5/06, kgraham0938 AT comcast.net <kgraham0938 AT comcast.net> wrote:

So that is how I have always seen it, not to be say this is a trump card or anything
but just my understanding of it and where it came from. And with regards to Gen 2:25
when you said "they came into a state of being naked." Were'nt they already
naked? It does not seems to me that they were becoming nake but already naked.

This is not a case of nakedness vs. clothed, rather between being and
non-being.

... Another example I'd like to get your opinion on is 2 Chr 20:25.

vayih:yw yamiym $:lo$h boz:ziym , it looks to me that the verb is functioning
more like a past progressive 'were plundering.' What are your thoughts?

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

What is the subject of YHYW? I read it as YMYM $LW$H three days. There
was so much booty that "it became three days" they were plundering the
booty.