b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:21:21 -0500

Peter:

You have made the assertion that we need to consider
that (WLM in the future had a different meaning than when
it was used in the past. You have yet to demonstrate that
assertion. You have not provided a single shred of
evidence to support your assertion.

A time descriptor does not change its meaning from past
to future. "Five days" in the past, when used for the future,
does not suddenly become fifty days, it's still five days.
That is a fact which you want to deny.

(WLM in the past referred to a long time where at least
one end was not specified, often because it was unknown.
By extension, that was sometimes used for eternity, but
not always. You have yet to provide a reason that we
should consider it differently for the future.

Karl W. Randolph.