b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Awohili AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:41:20 +0000

On 22/11/2005 18:15, Awohili AT aol.com wrote:

True, as used in the Bible, "olam" does not usually refer to 15 minutes, but there are places where it does not mean "forever," either. ...

Where? Which places? This is the question I have been asking for weeks it seems, and no one has given any references - apart from the past ones which are of little relevance, and that one about the Levitical priesthood having terminated, which is based on Christian theology.

... I think too much of this (over)long discussion has not really been about what "olam" means in the Hebrew Bible or how it is used there. It seems to be about what "olam" or forever means to individual posters.

Indeed. Let's get back to the subject. Where is the evidence that `olam (with future reference) does not mean "for ever"?

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)