b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] When God began to create...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] When God began to create...
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:58:29 -0500

Uri:

This is a good reason that history is off limits for this group.

Let it suffice to say that there is no documentation that
says that Genesis was influenced from the Akkadian
creation myth. It is just as likely that Moses got ahold of
older documents that he used for Genesis, or that Genesis
was independently influenced by other, common sources,
as the Akkadian myth as the influence. I accept only one
of the three (you probably already know which one) but it
is irrelevant when we lack documentation to tell which
actually happened.

Karl W. Randolph.