b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Unicode Hebrew on Mac, was: Zech 6:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Unicode Hebrew on Mac, was: Zech 6:8
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:39:37 +0000

On 21/11/2005 04:27, Harold R. Holmyard III wrote:

By the way, I notice that in your replies, the Hebrew Unicode is messed up. Are you seeing the Hebrew?

HH: No, I have an IMAC with Internet Explorer, and it doesn't handle Unicode the last time I checked.

Your problem is that Microsoft does not support Hebrew on its main competitor's operating system, because it is not in its business interests to do so. Internet Explorer supports Unicode Hebrew well on Microsoft's own OS, Windows. And there are other good browsers which support Unicode Hebrew on Mac computers, for example Firefox. I would recommend, Harold, that you change to Firefox, see http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)