b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Zech 6:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Zech 6:8
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 05:14:54 +0000

@Steve:

Well, I'd imagine you could not say " he caused me to cry out" because the
first singular pronoun is a direct object. So if you want to take it as a
causative, you would get something like

"and he caused a cry to me." which is probably best rendered " and he
summoned me."

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net