b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: peterkirk AT qaya.org
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:10:24 -0400

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:58:35 +0100 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
writes:
> On 05/04/2005 13:36, George F Somsel wrote:

> >>So, you mean, God is only able to reveal vague and partial
> knowledge
> >>his people? Or just that generally he chooses to do so? Even you
> NT
> >>
> >>quote does not rule out occasional specific information which God
>
> >>may
> >>have chosen to reveal, for his own reasons which we cannot know.

> >That is the law of the universe which is constantly put into
> operation by
> >the divine will. Obviously, you view things from a deistic point
> of view
> >-- there are laws established once with which God (or should I say
> god?)
> >occasionally tinkers.
> >

> On the contrary. It is you who are saying "That is the law of the
> universe". I am saying that God does what he wills, when he wills,
> and
> if he sometimes wills to reveal detailed information, even names, in
>
> advance, that is his prerogative and we are not to question it.
>
> --
> Peter Kirk
> peter AT qaya.org (personal)
> peterkirk AT qaya.org (work)
> http://www.qaya.org/

Of course God does as he jolly well pleases, but he always pleases to be
faithful which is why, when we drop a ball, it always falls to the earth
-- not because of some "law of the universe" which is established but
because God continually says "Go to the earth" on each instance. Our
laws are only observed regularity and reflect the faithfulness of God.

george
gfsomsel