b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:58:35 +0100

On 05/04/2005 13:36, George F Somsel wrote:

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:16:25 +0100 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
writes:

... Yes, it is vague and partial because that is the nature of our knowledge -- we know in part and see through a glass darkly.

So, you mean, God is only able to reveal vague and partial knowledge to his people? Or just that generally he chooses to do so? Even you NT
quote does not rule out occasional specific information which God may have chosen to reveal, for his own reasons which we cannot know.

That is the law of the universe which is constantly put into operation by
the divine will. Obviously, you view things from a deistic point of view
-- there are laws established once with which God (or should I say god?)
occasionally tinkers.

On the contrary. It is you who are saying "That is the law of the universe". I am saying that God does what he wills, when he wills, and if he sometimes wills to reveal detailed information, even names, in advance, that is his prerogative and we are not to question it.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)