b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 04:52:48 -0400

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:10:55 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
writes:
> George:
>

> While this seems off field as far as B-Hebrew linguistic studies, it
> impinges upon the history of the language, hence recognition of the
> development thereof. Because I accept the possibility that there is
> a God who communicates with people, and in his prophecies gave
> specific information including names, recognize a different
> development history of Hebrew language than the person who is a
> naturalist claiming that all "prophecy" was written after the fact.
> This is where religion (philosophy) affects historical studies, and
> recognize that because we do not share the same belief system,
> neither will we share the same view of language history.
>
> Karl W. Randolph.
______________________

Karl,

I really wish that you would cease trying to paint everyone who doesn't
agree with your view of the text as being a "naturalist" and one who
claims "that all 'prophecy' was written after the fact." I think I
explained to Peter that I did view Is 7.14 and 1 Kg 13 as real
prophecies, i.e. written before the fact. You seem intent upon
mischaracterizing my position. Please cease and desist.

george
gfsomsel