b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: peterkirk AT qaya.org
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 7
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:36:30 -0400

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:16:25 +0100 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
writes:
> > Yes, it is vague and partial because that is the nature of our
> > knowledge -- we know in part and see through a glass darkly.
> >

> So, you mean, God is only able to reveal vague and partial knowledge
> his people? Or just that generally he chooses to do so? Even you NT
>
> quote does not rule out occasional specific information which God
> may
> have chosen to reveal, for his own reasons which we cannot know.
>
> --
> Peter Kirk
> peter AT qaya.org (personal)
> peterkirk AT qaya.org (work)
> http://www.qaya.org/

That is the law of the universe which is constantly put into operation by
the divine will. Obviously, you view things from a deistic point of view
-- there are laws established once with which God (or should I say god?)
occasionally tinkers.

george
gfsomsel