b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Almah vs. Bethulah in Isaiah 7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George Athas" <gathas AT hotkey.net.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Almah vs. Bethulah in Isaiah 7
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:59:14 +1000

Just to back up David's comments, I believe Barry Webb's idea is based on the
thematic developments within the literary structure of Isaiah as a piece of
literature. While there may be other historical considerations which are
worth noting, Barry's study is literary and theological. I believe he is
picking up the subtleties of the literary currents within Isaiah.

BTW - I can vouch that Barry Webb is certainly no wierdo. He happens to be a
personal friend, and is a consummate gentleman with a brilliant mind for
literary and theological analysis. I have the deepest respect and admiration
for him.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
(Sydney, Australia)